This recipe is part of my Super Simple Recipes series. Healthy-ish recipes with very few ingredients that take very little prep time. Busy moms? These are for you!
- Pasta! Our favorite is pot length angel hair pasta
- Butter — lots!
- Shrimp, honestly if you’re in a pinch any protein or you can eat it without protein at all!
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt (is this nostalgic for anyone else?)
- Fresh spinach
- Boil water and start to cook the noodles
- Add about a tablespoon of butter to a pan and heat to medium
- Add shrimp cook for about a minute
- Grab a few handfuls of spinach and finely chop, I like to chop mine into thin strips
- Drain pasta and put it immediately back into the hot pot (removed from heat)
- Add a few tablespoons of butter
- Start to sprinkle in Lawry’s Seasoned Salt and spinach
- Stir, stir, stir (to mix the salt, melt the butter, and cook down the spinach)
- Keep adding Lawry’s until desired taste
- Serve in a bowl and top with shrimp!
This meal is probably my favorite comfort food quick meal. Well. This or grilled cheese and tomato soup. It’s got the right balance of fat, salt, and carbs. And it’s a crowd pleaser. Jeff loves it, the girls love it, I love it. Miles loves to clean it up off the floor when the girls spill it. A win all around!
It’s definitely a throwback meal to my childhood. I kind of forgot about it actually. My sister and our family friend use to make it all the time for lunch. And in general, Lawry’s seasoned salt reminds me of my childhood. We used it in and on our food for sure, but (warning: this isn’t appetizing!) we also used it to get the leeches off of our legs when we played in the creek in our backyard. Probably not cute to talk about leeches on a recipe, sorry, but that memory is so strong because we spent a lot of time in the creek. Two more reasons why this meal might be comforting to me.
I haven’t tried it with any other seasoning or protein yet, but you definitely could switch up the seasoning or protein depending on what you have available. If you find another good combination, will you let me know? Thanks, you.