Buttery noodles are something the whole family can agree on. It’s got the right balance of fat, salt, and carbs. And it’s a crowd-pleaser. Jeff loves it, the girls love it, I love it (because of the taste and how easy it is to make!). Miles loves to clean it up off the floor when the girls spill it. A win all around!
Buttery noodles ingredients
- Pasta! Our favorite for this buttery noodles recipe is pot length angel hair pasta
- Butter — lots! I used about 1/4 stick for each serving so if you’re cooking for a family of four shoot for one stick of butter or 1/2 cup.
- Shrimp, honestly if you’re in a pinch any protein will work for your buttery noodles recipe, I just happened to like the shrimp with this combo. You can also each it without protein at all!
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt (is this nostalgic for anyone else?)
- A handful of fresh spinach per serving
How to make buttery noodles
- Boil water and start to cook the noodles
- Add about a tablespoon of butter to a pan and heat to medium
- Add shrimp cook for about a minute or until they are no longer transparent
- Grab a few handfuls of spinach and finely chop, I like to chop mine into thin strips
- Drain pasta and put it immediately back into the hot pot (removed from heat)
- Add a few tablespoons of butter
- Lawry’s Seasoned Salt and spinach to taste. Start small, you can always add more
- Stir, stir, stir (to mix the salt, melt the butter, and cook down the spinach)
- Serve in a bowl and top with shrimp!
Buttery noodles are nostalgic for me
Buttery noodles recipe is probably my favorite comfort food quick meals. Well. This or grilled cheese and tomato soup. It’s definitely a throwback meal to my childhood. I kind of forgot about it actually. My sister and our family friend use to make it all the time for lunch. And in general, Lawry’s seasoned salt reminds me of my childhood. We used it in and on our food for sure, but (warning: this isn’t appetizing!) we also used it to get the leeches off of our legs when we played in the creek in our backyard. Probably not cute to talk about leeches on a recipe, sorry, but that memory is so strong because we spent a lot of time in the creek. Two more reasons why this meal might be a go-to cozy dinner for me.
Buttery noodles are really flexible
Buttery noodles are the kind of dinner that you can adjust how you want! Feel free to switch up the seasoning or protein depending on what you have available.
If you find another good combination comment below so we can all enjoy it! I recently tried another