Everything bagel casserole is a crowd pleaser! This is a great casserole to make for a brunch with friends, Easter Sunday, or to add to your weekly meal planner for a make ahead breakfast for dinner (my favorite reason to make it).
My first everything bagel casserole
I first had this casserole when we were throwing a baby shower for my younger sister. It was such a cute garden-themed brunch baby shower. Complete with a build your own bouquet bar at the end of the shower so each guest got to take home a handful of lovely smelling flowers with them. I thought the casserole was delicious, but I wanted to make a few modifications because I like to make sure the meals I offer my family have vegetables included and the original recipes, didn’t have anything colorful (don’t get me wrong, it was still dang good).
I decided I was going to stick to nearly the same recipe, but reduce the amount of bagels and the amount of cream cheese, and add some vegetables that didn’t add a ton of bulk because the 9×13 pan was already bursting with the original recipe.
Everything bagel breakfast casserole recipe
Everything bagel bake ingredients
- 4 everything bagels, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese (1/2 block). The og recipe calls for 8 ounces, but I prefer less, feel free to add more if you’d like!
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 pound cooked ground breakfast sausage
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups veggies of choice, I used spinach and cherry tomatoes
- 8 eggs
- Salt + pepper
- 9×13 pan
Everything bagel casserole directions
- Spray/oil your 9×13 pan
- Cut cream cheese into thin slices and layer on bottom of dish
- Add a layer of 1/2 the cooked sausage, 1/2 the bagels, 1/2 the cheese
- Add all of you veggies
- Add the rest of the cooked sausage, bagels, and cheese
- Whisk eggs, salt and pepper, and heavy whipping cream together and pour over casserole
- Cover with foil and refrigerate over night or cook immediately
- 350 degrees for 50-60 minutes with foil overtop, take foil off and cook for another 5-15 minutes
This overnight everything bagel breakfast casserole recipe is legit and needs to make it’s way into your recipe book stat!
Bagel breakfast bake video
The everything bagel egg casserole was really easy to make, it’s minimal prep followed by a bunch of layering.
Add it to your Meal Book!
This overnight everything bagel breakfast casserole recipe is legit and needs to make it’s way into your recipe book (and your Meal Book) stat!